Abaqus in 3D Stereo
This brief guide will explain how to enable Abaqus to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Abaqus to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin for Abaqus
1) Please install moreStereo3D and update your Direct-X runtime.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Abaqus
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your Abaqus installation. In case you have installed Abaqus into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5).
If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Abaqus installation properly, please continue on step 9)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your Abaqus installation directory ( e.g. E:\SIMULIA\Abaqus)
7) Open the subfolder named after Abaqus'es version number (e.g. 6.12-3), then the subfolder "Code", then the Subfolder "Bin". The complete path should be looking close to this: E:\SIMULIA\Abaqus\6.12-3\code\bin
8) Select the "abq6123.exe" (please note that the numbers in the file's are subject to change. Look for an application named "abqXXXX.exe" (whist the XXXX stands for the version number). Select the proper file and select "Open".
9) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64" ; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Configure Abaqus for best 3D Stereo performance with moreStereo3D
10) Finally its time to start Abaqus and load a 3D Model.
11) Please set Abaqus to use "Perspective mode".
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application.