Paraview in 3D Stereo
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for ParaView. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for ParaView
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your ParaView installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for ParaView.
In case you have installed ParaView into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your ParaView installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your ParaView directory. The folder might look close to this:
7) Select the file "paraview.exe" and press "Open".
8a) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32" for a 32-Bit version of ParaView. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
8b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64" for a 64-Bit version of ParaView. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Enjoy 3D Stereo in Paraview
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of 3DVia Virtools Life Player. If you ever feel like resetting to more3D's recommended stereo generation, simply enable the autofocus function and set as seen in this screenshot:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application