Global Mapper in 3D Stereo
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for Global Mapper. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for the Global Mapper
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler".
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your Global Mapper installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for the Global Mapper.
In case you have installed Global Mapper into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Global Mapper installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your Global Mapper directory. The folder might look close to this:
7) Select the file "global_mapper.exe" and press "Open".
8a) Please set "Application Version" to "Win32" for a 32-Bit version of Global Mapper. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
8b) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64" for a 64-Bit version of Global Mapper. Set "Graphic Library" to "OpenGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Enjoy 3D Stereo inside Global Mapper in Realtime
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of Global Mapper. The OpenGL Autofocus function works pretty well for Global Mapper, therefore we recommend to always enable it and adjust max 3D Depth and % out of screen to match your personal preference as well as display size. Use max 3D Depth to adjust the overall stereo strength, use % out of screen to adjust the amount of "pop-out" and "window-effect".
moreStereo3D provides now 3D Stereo for glasses-free displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projections and even Head Mounted Displays.
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application