Maya 2016 in 3D Stereo
This brief guide will explain how to enable Maya 2016 to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Maya 2016 to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin for Maya 2016
1) Please install moreStereo3D and update your Direct-X runtime.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Maya 2016
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select "more3D Stereo Enabler"
4) Click the "Locate known Apps" Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" for your Maya 2016 installation. In case you have installed Maya 2016 into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5).
If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Maya 2016 installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the "Add Application" Button.
6) Navigate to your Maya 2016 installation directory ( e.g. D:\Autodesk\Maya\)
7) Open the "Bin" subfolder. Select the maya.exe. The complete path should be looking close to this: "D:\Autodesk\Maya\bin\maya.exe". Click "open".
8) Please set "Application Version" to "Win64" ; set "Graphic Library" to "openGL" and check the "Enabled"-Checkbox. Press "Save and Close".
III. Configure Maya 2016 for best 3D Stereo performance with moreStereo3D
9) Finally its time to start Maya 2016.
10) Set the Renderer to "Legacy High Quality Viewport".
11) Enjoy 3D Stereo inside Maya 2016!
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please do not hestiate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projectors and even Head Mounted Displays from within your application.