The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for 3DVia Composer Player Pro. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
Download the moreStereo3D 3D Stereo plugin here.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for 3DVia Composer Player Pro
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your 3DVia Composer Player Pro installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for 3DVia Composer Player Pro.
In case you have installed 3DVia Composer Player Pro into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your 3DVia Composer Player Pro installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your 3DVia Composer Player Pro directory. The folder might look close to this:
“E:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\3DVIAComposer\6.11\Bin”
7) Select the file “3DVIAPlayer.exe” and press “Open”.
8) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64”. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Configure the 3DVia Composer Player Pro for best 3D Stereo performance with moreStereo3D.
9) Start the 3DVia Composer Player Pro. Then open the Application Preferences.
10) In the left list click “Hardware Support”; set options as shown here:
|Enable 3D OpenGL hardware acceleration||yes||Standard|
|Enable direct swapping to refresh …||no|
|Enable aux. buffers||no|
|Enable OpenGL display lists||yes|
|Enable text reset||no|
IV. Enjoy 3D Stereo inside 3D Via Composer in Realtime
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of 3DVia Composer Player Pro. If you ever feel like resetting to more3D’s recommended stereo generation, here they are:
And here’s the effect of the setting:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org