This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge Ansys Mechanical into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging Ansys Mechanical for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs..
Download the moreViz VR Bridge Software here.
Guide to bridge Ansys Mechanical into Virtual Reality with moreViz
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known Ansys Mechanical installations and add them to the list.
- If your Ansys is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add Application”, locate your “Ansys.exe”. The standard path is:
X:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v195\ansys\bin\winx64”
The “v195” will be different, depending on your installed version of ansys, e.g. “v212”.
- Click the Enable button right next to the newly created entry.
- Close the Application Enabler. The moreViz VR bridging function is now available for the Ansys Mechanical installation.
- Open the Ansys Launcher and switch to the “Customization/Prefrences“ tab. Set the “Graphics Device Name“ to “3D”, then “run”.
- Start the moreViz client and then launch Ansys Mechanical. After loading a file, click on “PlotCtrls” in the menu bar, select “View Settings” and activate the “Perspective View” option.
- Select “45,30,15 degrees” or a “specified angle”. Do not choose “no perspective”. Then click OK.
In case there are any issues with the visualization in the moreViz client, make sure to
have followed these guides:
- Dual GPU & Quadro guide: For frozen or black image in client
- Fit the 3D into the host app’s viewport: in case geometry is missing in the moreViz client
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org