This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge Dassault Systems Composer (Player) into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging Dassault Systems Composer (Player) for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs. This guide works similarly for SolidWorks Composer and other Composer variants.
Guide to bridge Dassault Systems Composer (Player) into Virtual Reality
Please proceed as follows:
- Launch Composer (Player)
- Click “Help” and “Application Preferences”
- Switch to the “Hardware Support” tab and set the “OpenGL Acceleration Level” to “Standard”.
- Exit Dassault Systems Composer (Player)
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known Dassault Systems Composer (Player) installations and add them to the list.
- If your Dassault Systems Composer (Player) is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add” and then locate the “Composer.exe” or “ComposerPlayer.exe” file. It is usually located in
“X:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\CATIAComposer\7.9\Bin”
“7.9” on the path might differ, depending on your in-use version of Catia Composer (Player).
- Place the checkmark in the “enabled” column for Composer (Player) / Composer.
- Close the Application Enabler, Composer (Player) is now properly configured for use with moreViz.
- Launch the moreViz Client(s) and then Composer (Player).
- When working in VR: make sure Catia Composer (Player) is running in perspective view mode
In case there are any issues with the visualization in the moreViz client, make sure to have followed these guides:
- Dual GPU & Quadro guide: For frozen or black image in client
- Fit the 3D into the host app’s viewport: in case geometry is missing in the moreViz client
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin!
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org