This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge Dassault Systems SolidWorks into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging Dassault Systems SolidWorks for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs.
- Make sure your Nvidia Driver is newer than version 471.68
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known Dassault Systems SolidWorks installations and add them to the list.
- If your Dassault Systems SolidWorks is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add” and then locate the “SLDWORKS.exe” file. It is usually located in
“X:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS\”
- Click the Enable button right next to the newly created entry
- The moreViz VR bridging function is now available for the Solid Works installation.
- If your Solid Works version is 2020 or newer, please open the SolidWorks Settings.
- In the left list, select “Performance” and then uncheck the “Enhanced Graphics Performance” checkbox.
- When working in VR, please make sure to set the visualization mode in SolidWorks to “Perspective”:
- To get the best immersion effect, it is beneficial to set for the pitch black background:
- In case 3D data is not transmitted from SolidWorks to the moreViz client, please set the “Connection Type” to “TCP/IP” and use localhost IP 127.0.0.1 on port 8700. See Launcher settings -> Connection.
- When updating to a newer version of moreViz, please open the windows task manager and kill the process “sldworks_fs.exe” before opening the application enabler. The sldworks_fs.exe locks the moreViz function file and therefore needs to be closed to unlock the moreViz file for updating.
- Please update the Nvidia graphics driver to version 471.68 or newer.
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin!
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org