The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for GLC Player. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for the GLC Player
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”.
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your GLC Player installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for the GLC Player.
In case you have installed GLC Player into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your GLC Player installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your GLC Player directory. The folder might look close to this:
“F:\Program Files (x86)\GLC_Player”
7) Select the file “glc_player.exe” and press “Open”.
8) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for the 32-Bit version of GLC Player. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Enjoy 3D Stereo inside Global Mapper in Realtime
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of GLC Player. The OpenGL Autofocus function works pretty well for GLC Player, therefore we recommend to always enable it and adjust max 3D Depth and % out of screen to match your personal preference as well as display size. Use max 3D Depth to adjust the overall stereo strength, use % out of screen to adjust the amount of “pop-out” and “window-effect”.
moreStereo3D provides now 3D Stereo for glasses-free displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs, 3D Projections and even Head Mounted Displays.
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org