This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge Ansys Workbench into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging Ansys Workbench for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs.
Guide to bridge Ansys Workbench into Virtual Reality:
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known Ansys Workbench installations and add them to the list.
- If your Ansys Workbench is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add”, locate the “AnsysWBU.exe”. The default path is
X:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v212\aisol\bin\winx64”.
- Place the enable checkmark for the newly created entry.
- Close the Application Enabler.
- The moreViz VR bridging function is now available for the Ansys Workbench installation.
- Launch the moreViz Client.
- Launch Ansys Workbench and load any 3D Model.
In case there are any issues with the visualization in the moreViz client, make sure tohave followed these guides:
- Dual GPU & Quadro guide: For frozen or black image in client
- Fit the 3D into the host app’s viewport: in case geometry is missing in the moreViz client
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.