This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge ESRI ArcGIS Desktop / ArcScene into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging ESRI ArcGIS Desktop / ArcScene for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs.
Guide to bridge ESRI ArcGIS Desktop / ArcScene into Virtual Reality:
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known ESRI ArcGIS Desktop / ArcScene installations and add them to the list.
- If your ESRI ArcGIS Desktop / ArcScene is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add”, locate the “ArcScene.exe” file. The standard path is:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.8\bin\ArcScene.exe”
- Click the Enable button right next to the newly created entry.
- Close the Application Enabler.
- The moreViz VR bridging function is now available for the ESRI ArcGIS Desktop / ArcScene installation.
- Start the moreViz Client(s) and then start ESRI ArcGIS Desktop / ArcScene.
- Make sure Perspective View is enabled in View -> View Settings.
In case there are any issues with the visualization in the moreViz client, make sure to have followed these guides:
- Dual GPU & Quadro guide: For frozen or black image in client
- Fit the 3D into the host app’s viewport: in case geometry is missing in the moreViz client
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin!
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: email@example.com