This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge PTC Creo into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging PTC Creo for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs.
Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known PTC Creo installations and add them to the list.
- If your PTC Creo is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add”, locate the “Xtop.exe” file. It is usually located in
“X:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 184.108.40.206\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj”
- Place the checkmark in the “enabled” column for PTC Creo.
- Close the Application Enabler.
- The moreViz VR bridging function is now available for the PTC Creo installation. Start the moreViz Client(s) and then start PTC Creo.
- Load a 3D model in PTC Creo and enable the perspective view mode.
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin!
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org