This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer / Author into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer / Author for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs.
- Launch SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer/Author and load a model.
- Right click into the viewport, select “Preferences -> Display Renderer -> OpenGL”
- Exit SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer / Author.
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer / Author installations and add them to the list.
- If your SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer / Author is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add”, locate the “veviewer.exe” / “veauthor.exe” file. It is usually located in
“C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer“
“C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author 9.0”
- Click the Enable button right next to the newly created entry
- Close the more3D Application Enabler.
- Start the moreViz Client(s) and SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer / Author.
- Make sure to run SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer / Author in perspective view mode, the hotkey is “P”.
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin!
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org