This quick guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge Siemens Solid Edge into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging Siemens Solid Edge for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs.
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known Siemens Solid Edge installations and add them to the list.
- If your Solid Edge is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add”, locate the “Edge.exe” file. It is usually located in
- “X:\Program Files\Siemens\Solid Edge 2019\Program”
- “X:\Program Files\Siemens\Solid Edge 2020\Program”
- “X:\Program Files\Siemens\Solid Edge 2021\Program”
- Click the Enable button right next to the newly created entry.
- Close the Application Enabler
- Start the moreViz Client(s) and then start Solid Edge.
- Make sure to enable the perspective view mode in Solid Edge, under View -> Perspective.
- Rotate the model inside the Solid Edge viewport after setting for perspective mode. There is a 10 frame delay between Solid Edge and moreViz for performance reasons. moreViz will always displays the 3D Viewport content of Solid Edge after 10 frames were sucessfully rendered, which is achieveable by rotating the model inside the 3D viewport of Solid Edge.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin!
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org