The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for Petrel. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Petrel
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Petrel installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for Petrel.
In case you have installed Petrel into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Petrel installation properly, please continue on step9)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Petrel directory. The folder might look close to this: “E:\Program Files\Schlumberger\Petrel 2013\”
7) Select the file “Petrel.exe” and press “Open”.
8a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of Petrel. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
8b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64” for a 64-Bit Version of Petrel. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III.Enjoy 3D Stereo inside Petrel in Realtime
9) You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of Petrel. If you ever feel like resetting to more3D’s recommended stereo generation, here they are:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).