This guide shows the necessary configuration steps to bridge Siemens JT2Go into Virtual Reality for SteamVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Vive (Pro), HTC Focus, HP Reverb and Windows Mixed Reality HMDs. The guide also applies for bridging Siemens JT2Go for Powerwalls, 3D stereo projectors, CAVEs and DOMEs.
- Start the moreViz Launcher
- Notice the moreViz-Tray icon (next to system time) and right-click it, select “moreViz Application Enabler”
- Click “Locate known Apps”. The more3D application enabler will search the standard program files folders for known Siemens JT2Go installations and add them to the list.
- If your Siemens JT2Go is installed to a non standard directory, please click “Add” and then locate the “VisView_NG.exe” file. It is usually located in
“X:\ Program Files\Siemens\\Products\JT2Go“
- If you had to manually add the VisView_NG.exe, then click the folder button for the newly created entry and navigate to the Program subdirectoy, then click OK. If your Siemens JT2Go installation was auto-detected, then skip this step.
- Click the Enable button right next to the newly created entry.
- JT2Go is now properly confi gured for use with moreViz.
- Start the moreViz Client, then start JT2Go and load a 3D Model.
- When operating JT2Go in VR, we recommend to set the “Performance” of JT2Go to “Part Investigation” for best visual impression.
- For best performance with HMD, set the connection type to shared memory in the moreViz Launcher’s Connection Settings (only available for single-client setups on the local computer).
- For best visual impression, set AntiAliasing / Pixel Density to 2x (or higher) in the moreViz Launcher’s Client Settings
- SteamVR only: To operate the host application’s graphics user interface, check the SteamVR Desktops function of the SteamVR Dashboard.
The moreViz Software bridges over 35 applications to any SteamVR compatible Head Mounted Display and 3D Projectors. No Import/Export hassle, but a 1:1 VR plugin!
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: email@example.com