This brief guide will explain how to enable Siemens NX to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Siemens NX to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D. Follow the instructions on-screen for the installation.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Siemens NX
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Siemens NX installation. In case you have installed Siemens NX into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Siemens NX installation properly, please continue on step 9)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Siemens NX installation directory ( e.g. C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1942\)
7) Open the subfolder named “NXBIN” (Older versions are in “UGII”). The complete path should be looking close to this: C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1942\NXBIN
8) Select the “ugraf.exe” and press “Open”.
9a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of Siemens NX; set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
9b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64″for a 64-Bit version of Siemens NX; set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Enjoy the 3D Stereo Visualization inside Siemens NX
10) Finally its time to start Siemens NX and load a 3D Model.
11) Please click the menu-point: “View” and click the rather small “Perspective ” Button. Click the below screenshot to see a larger version and the actual button.
Here’s an image of the more3D-recommended settings for Siemens NX. The new Autofocus works great for Siemens Applications.
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).