The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Unity to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Unity
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Unity installation.
In case you have installed Unity into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Unity installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Unity directory. Open the subdirectory named “Editor”. The complete path could look close to this:
“E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor”
7) Select the file “Unity.exe” and press “Open”.
8a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of the Unity; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
8b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64″for a 64-Bit version of the Unity; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Configure Unity for best 3D Stereo
9) Open the Unity folder again, open the subdirectory “Editor”. Right-click the file Unity.exe and select “Create Shortcut”.
10) Right-Click the newly created shortcut and select “Properties”. On the following page select the line “Target” and add “-force-opengl”. The complete line should look close to this:
“E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe” -force-opengl
11) Click OK and start Unity using the shortcut.
IV. Enjoy the 3D Stereo Visualization in Unity
You might want to play around with the 3D Settings. Here’s an image of the more3D-recommended settings for Unity.
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).