The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for Altair HyperWorks. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
Download the moreStereo3D 3D Stereo plugin here.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please download and install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Altair HyperWorks
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Altair HyperWorks installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for Altair HyperWorks.
In case you have installed Altair HyperWorks into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Altair HyperWorks installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Altair HyperWorks directory.The complete path could look close to this:
7) Select the file “hw.exe” and press “Open”.
8a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of Altair HyperWorks. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
8b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64″for a 64-Bit version of the Altair HyperWorks. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III.Configure Altair HyperWorks for optimal 3D Stereo Visualization
9) Its time to start Altair HyperWorks. For best results switch to the Hyperview application – see the screenshot below
IV.Enjoy the 3D Stereo Visualization inside Altair HyperWorks – it is now ready for 3D Stereo with the universal 3D Stereo Plugin moreStereo3D
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of Altair HyperWorks. The new Autofocus function works great for Hyperworks, if you ever feel like resetting to more3D’s recommended stereo generation, simply enable the Autofocus:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: email@example.com