The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for TurboCAD. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for TurboCAD
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your TurboCAD installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for TurboCAD.
In case you have installed TurboCAD into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your TurboCAD installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your TurboCAD directory. Open the subdirectory named after TurboCAD’s version, e.g. “TCWP20”. Afterwards open the folder “Program”. The complete path could look close to this:
7) Select the file “tcw20.exe” and press “Open”.
8a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of TurboCAD. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
8b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64″for a 64-Bit version of the TurboCAD. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Set TurboCAD’s optimal settings
9) Finally its time to start TurboCAD. Click on “View” in the menu bar and select “Camera”, select “Properties”.
10) Check the checkbox “Draft” in the left-hand list. Check the checkbox “Perspective View” on the right hand window. Click “OK”
IV. Enjoy the 3D Stereo Visualization in TurboCAD
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of TurboCAD. If you ever feel like resetting to more3D’s recommended stereo generation, here they are:
Here’s the effect of the above settings:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).