This brief guide will explain how to enable Solid Edge to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Solid Edge to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the moreStereo3D Software
1) Download and install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Solid Edge.
3) Please start SolidEdge.
4) Please open the Solid Edge options.
5) In the left list, please select “View”, then select “Application Display” from the main menu and set it to “use hardware acceleration (simple)” (we only had the German version of SolidEdge available for testing, please let us know the correct translation. Until we get this, please use the red markers in the image for orientation.
6) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
7) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Solid Edge installation. In case you have installed Solid Edge into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Solid Edge installation properly, please continue on step 12)
8) Click the “Add Application” Button.
9) Navigate to your Solid Edge installation directory ( e.g. E:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge)
10) Open the subfolder named “program” . The complete path should be looking close to this: E:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge\program
11) Select the “Edge.exe” and press “Open”.
12a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of Solid Edge; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
12b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64″for a 64-Bit version of Solid Edge; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Enjoy 3D Stereo inside SolidEdge
13) Finally its time to start Solid Edge and load a 3D Model.
14) Please open the View tab (1) and set Solid Edge to use “Perspective mode” (2).
You might want to play around with the 3D Settings. Here’s an image of the more3D-recommended settings for Solid Edge.
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).