This brief guide will explain how to enable Comsol to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Comsol to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
Download the moreStereo3D 3D Stereo plugin here.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin for Comsol
1) Please install moreStereo3D and update your Direct-X runtime.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Comsol
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Comsol installation. In case you have installed Comsol into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Comsol installation properly, please continue on step 9)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Comsol installation directory ( e.g. E:\Program Files\COMSOL)
7) Open the subfolder named after Comsol’s version number (e.g. COMSOL43b), then the subfolder “bin”,
7a) Open the Subfolder “win64” for the 64-bit version of comsol. The complete path should be looking close to this: E:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL43b\bin\win64
7b) Open the Subfolder “win32” for the 32-bit version of comsol. The complete path should be looking close to this: E:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL43b\bin\win32
8) Select the “comsol.exe” and click “Open”.
9a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for the 32-bit version of Comsol ; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
9b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64” for the 64-bit version of Comsol ; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Configure Comsol for perfect 3D Stereo performance
10) Finally its time to start Comsol.
11) Open the Comsol options.
12) Select “Graphics” from the left list. Set “Rendering” to “OpenGL” and “Optimize for” to “Performance”
13) Comsol has been configured. Enjoy working 3D space inside of Comsol.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: email@example.com