The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps on how to enable the 3D Stereo Plugin for VariCAD. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for VariCAD
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your VariCAD installation and you can apply the 3D Stereo Plugin for VariCAD.
In case you have installed VariCAD into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your VariCAD installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your VariCAD directory. E.g. “E:\VariCAD DE\bin”
7) Select the file “varicad-x64.exe” and press “Open”.
8a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of VariCAD. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
8b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64” for a 64-Bit version of the VariCAD. Set “Graphic Library” to “OpenGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Start VariCad and configure it for best 3D Stereo
9) Finally its time to start VariCAD and prepare ot for perfect Stereo 3D visualization. Click “Werkzeuge” (or probably “Tools” for the English version), and select “Systemeinstellungen” (or System Settings in English).
10) In the left hand list select “OpenGL Versions- und Initialisierungseinstellungen” (or potentially “OpenGL version- and Initialisation settings). Then set OpenGL Version to OpenGL 1.1 (Legacy OpenGL) and restart VariCAD.
IV. Enjoy the 3D Stereo Visualization in VariCAD
You might want to finetune the 3D Stereo Settings of VariCAD. more3D’s recommended stereo settings are:
Here’s the effect of the above settings: