This brief guide will explain how to enable Catia to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Catia to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
You might watch the Youtube Tutorial Video for Catia or you can prefer to read the step-by-step text.
Download the moreStereo3D 3D Stereo plugin here.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin for Catia
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Catia
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will seach the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Catia installation.
In case you have installed Catia into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Catia installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Dassault Systems directory. Open your Catia installation folder, select the folder based on your catia, e.g. for Catia 5.19 the folder is called “B19” . Open the subdirectory “win_b64”, next open the next subfolder named “code” and open the subfolder “bin” The complete path could look close to this:
E:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B19\win_b64\code\bin
7) Select the file “cnext.exe” and press “Open”.
8a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of Catia; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
8b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64″for a 64-Bit version of Catia; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
9) Finally its time to Catia and load a 3D Model. Ignore the message Catia displays.
Now Catia is properly configured and ready to go.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: email@example.com