The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Plant Simulation to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin
1) Please install moreStereo3D.
2) Start moreStereo3D.
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Plant Simulation
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Plant Simulation installation.
In case you have installed Plant Simulation into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5). If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Plant Simulation installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Plant Simulation directory. The complete path could look close to this:
“E:\Program Files\Tecnomatix\Plant Simulation xx” (xx representing the version number, e.g. 15, 16 or 2201 or any similars.)
7) Select the file “PlantSimulation.exe” and click “Open”.
8a) Please set “Application Version” to “Win32” for a 32-Bit version of Plant Simulation; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
8b) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64″for a 64-Bit version of Plant Simulation; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Configure Plant Simulation
9) Start Plant Simulation and open its options as seen in the screenshot below
10) Open the “3D”-labelled tab. Set the OpenGL-Version to 1.5.
11) Finally its time to start working in 3D Stereo inside Plant Simulation. After making the setting named above, please restart Plant Simulation and load a 3D Model.
You might want to play around with the 3D Settings. Here’s an image of the more3D-recommended settings for Plant Simulation.
3D Stereo in Plant Simulation achieved with moreStereo3D:
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).