This brief guide will explain how to enable Maya to work in 3D Stereo with the moreStereo3D Software.
The guide is designed to be brief and yet covering all needed steps to enable Maya to work in 3D Stereo. This is a one-time setup and not needed to be repeated once setup properly.
I. Prepare the 3D Stereo Plugin for Maya
1) Please install moreStereo3D and update your Direct-X runtime.
2) Start moreStereo3D
II. Configure the 3D Stereo Plugin for Maya
3) Right click the moreStereo3D Tray Icon (next to your system time) and select “more3D Stereo Enabler”
4) Click the “Locate known Apps” Button. The more3D stereo enabler will search the folders “C:\Program Files” and “C:\Program Files (x86)” for your Maya installation. In case you have installed Maya into a non-standard installation directory, please continue with step 5).
If the more3D Stereo Enabler found your Maya installation properly, please continue on step 8)
5) Click the “Add Application” Button.
6) Navigate to your Maya installation directory ( e.g. D:\Autodesk\Maya\)
7) Open the “Bin” subfolder. Select the maya.exe. The complete path should be looking close to this: “D:\Autodesk\Maya\bin\maya.exe”. Click “open”.
8) Please set “Application Version” to “Win64” ; set “Graphic Library” to “openGL” and check the “Enabled”-Checkbox. Press “Save and Close”.
III. Configure Maya for best 3D Stereo performance with moreStereo3D
9) Finally its time to start Maya.
10) Set the Renderer to “Legacy High Quality Viewport”.
11) Enjoy 3D Stereo inside Maya!
Are you not sure how to create a good 3D effect? Find out how in this tutorial video (6 minutes):
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical assistance: email@example.com
moreStereo3D provides 3D Stereo for glasses-free 3D displays, 3D Monitors, 3D TVs and 3D Projectors from within your application.
moreStereo3D works with many OpenGL based applications, it supports Side By Side, Top Bottom, Frame Sequential and Quad Buffered 3D Stereo output (any many more).
See our Youtube Channel for the latest tutorials and how-to’s.
See our FAQ for frequently asked questions.
Do not hesitate to contact us for technical support via the contact form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org